Our Pets and Their Diets
Meals, treats, and table scraps often amount to some of our dogs favorite parts of the day! However to much food can lead to an unhealthy dog, and an unhealthy dog leads to an unhappy dog. Arthritis, diabetes, and shorter life spans are all linked to obesity in dogs and some statistics show that about 50% of pets are overweight! As with people, the simple solution of diet and exercise is easier said than done, here are a few tips to keep your dog in tip top shape!
- Take your dog on lot’s of walks! If you don’t have the time, consult your local dog walker!
- Work with your veterinarian to develop a healthy weight and diet.
- Be careful with lite pet foods… they may have less calories, but are not always designed for weight loss.
- Treats should not amount to more than 10% of your dogs diet.
- Be skeptical of pet food’s recommended feeding quantities!
- Spayed and neatened animals have lower metabolisms and eat less.
- Age also slows a pets metabolism.
- Resist your pups whining, whimpering or begging, be the stronger one!
MSPCA – “The Skinny On Pet Diets”
Monday - Sunday 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Walking Hours 10:00AM - 4:00PM
We proudly serve the following areas: Jamaica Plain, Brookline, West Roxbury, Roxbury, Roslindale, Hyde Park, Allston, Mission Hill, Brighton, Dedham, Dorchester, Chesnut Hill, Mattapan, South Boston, Needham, Newton
We provide service to our clients 7 days a week and will be there when you can’t, to love your pet (almost) as much as you do! Paws to Consider is fully insured and bonded, and a proud member of the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS).
24 Halifax St.
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130